Grindstone
Donated by Mrs Eileen Hounslow nee Chitty
Accession No. 131

Grindstone

© Cambridge Museum

Grindstones were used for sharpening knives, axes and other tools. Purchased in 1867, this grindstone's original owner was Sgt. Charles Chitty of the 3rd Waikato Militia, which established the original settlement of Cambridge.

 

Back

 

 

 

Disclaimer:
While all due care has been taken to verify information contained on this site, the Cambridge Museum accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or misrepresentation.

Copyright © 2003 - Cambridge Museum - All Rights Reserved.

Banner
Contact us