The Hicks Tea Pot
Donated by Frances Grace Claridge nee Hicks
Accession No. 184

Hicks tea pot

© Cambridge Museum

This teapot, seen in a shop window advertising tea, was bought in Yorkshire by John and Margaret Allan. The Allans were from Scotland and left the London docks in May 1863 in the sailing ship 'Anne Wilson'.
They arrived in Auckland at the end of September, during the Waikato Land Wars, and sailed up the Waipa River to Pirongia, which was then called Alexandra.

 

Back

 

 

 

Disclaimer:
While all due care has been taken to verify information contained on this site, the Cambridge Museum accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or misrepresentation.

Copyright © 2003 - Cambridge Museum - All Rights Reserved.

Banner
Contact us