OPENING HOURS: MON - FRI 10 - 4, SAT - SUN 10 - 2.
Bags are a fashion item as well as a practical accessory. They are used throughout our daily lives: for school, for work, for travel, as as formal occasions and gala events. Cambridge Museum has bags…Read More
Where was the Star Redoubt? Visit the Museum to see some of the artefacts found on the archaeological dig that took place on the site of the Star Redoubt. Find its location. Complete the activity…Read More
William Webber was born on 14 December 1889 and was educated at Cambridge High School. After he left school, he worked with his father Harry Webber, who was a well-known blacksmith in Empire Street. On…Read More
In August 1916, the Government purchased Mr Taylor’s estate of 12,000 acres for soldier settlement. The block was mainly in bush, scrub and fern. Access was by way of Sanatorium Hill and along a clay road for four miles. Later a road via Fencourt and Flume Road was formed.
The land was leasehold for 33 years with right of renewal or purchase.Read More
The Cambridge Woodturners’ Club started meeting in 1987 at the woodwork room at the Cambridge High School. Ralph Sinclair gave much support to the group. View his model of a woodturners’ workshop at the museum.Read More